NCERT Online Training on “Developing eContent for Teaching and Learning of Mathematics”
In the ever-evolving world of education, the importance of integrating technology is paramount. Recognizing this need, the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, in its Section 23.6, throws emphasis on a transformative approach to teaching and learning. But what does this transformation look like?
Harnessing Technology for Personalized Learning
According to NEP 2020, the aim is to provide a technologically advanced learning environment. This vision prioritizes:
- Flexibility in learning
- Engagement with content
- Personalized learning experiences
A significant step toward achieving this is through the creation of adaptable eContent, which addresses the diverse learning preferences and paces of students. By tailoring educational materials to individual needs, educators can craft an inclusive and productive learning environment.
Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) tools have risen to this challenge. They allow educators to curate dynamic and interactive eContent, featuring:
- Interactive graphs
Such tools promise an active engagement of students, resulting in heightened motivation and profound understanding.
Mathematics in the Digital Age
Mathematics, a subject that often incites apprehension, stands to gain enormously from this digital evolution. Clause 24.4 (d) of NEP highlights the emphasis on accumulating digital educational materials. Why is this vital for mathematics?
- Deepened Conceptual Clarity: Tools like GeoGebra seamlessly integrate algebra, geometry, and calculus, promoting visualization, interactive learning, and problem-solving.
- Broadened Accessibility: Digital resources enable remote, flexible learning, making mathematics accessible to all.
- Tailored Learning Experiences: Real-time feedback and connections to real-world scenarios ensure that learning is both personalized and relevant.
Dive Deep with NCERT’s Training Series
Responding to the changing landscape of education, CIET-NCERT has rolled out an online training series on ‘Development of eContent’. Catering to stakeholders keen on developing eContent, the highlight for the month of July is a special focus on “Developing eContent for Teaching and Learning of Mathematics”.
When is it happening? From 21st to 25th August 2023, between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
Participants can look forward to gaining insights on the “What?”, “Why?”, and “How?” of interactive resources.
|Day & Date||Title of the sessions||Resource Persons|
|Day 1: Monday 21 August 2023||eContent for Teaching and Learning of Mathematics: Need, Scope and FOSS||Dr. A. K. Wazalwar Professor, DESM, NCERT, New Delhi. Dr. Angel Rathnabai S. Assistant Professor, CIET-NCERT, New Delhi|
|Day 2: Tuesday 22 August 2023||Geogebra: Features and Possibilities||Ms. Sangeeta Gulati. National ICT Awardee, Sanskriti School, New Delhi|
|Day 3: Wednesday 23 August 2023||Developing eContent for Teaching and Learning of 2D Geometry||Dr. Madhu B. Assistant Professor, RIE-NCERT, Mysore, Karnataka.|
|Day 4: Thursday 24 August 2023||Developing eContent for Teaching and Learning of 3D Geometry||R Ramanujam. Post Graduate Teacher MNKM Govt HSS, Pulapatta, Kerala|
|Day 5: Friday 25 August 2023||Developing eContent for Teaching and Learning of Calculus||Prof Sukesh A. Assistant Professor, Government College of Engineering, Kannur, Kerala|
Objectives of the NCERT Training
Post-training, participants will be empowered to:
- Recognize the importance of eContent in Mathematics education.
- Navigate through GeoGebra’s numerous components.
- Design eContent tailored for specific 2D and 3D geometry topics.
- Delve deep into key calculus concepts and their real-world applications.
The training is open to everyone! Students, teachers, parents, administrators, and the general public are all welcome.
Joining the NCERT Teacher Training is easy:
- Register: Simply click here or scan the QR Code.
- Tune In: Watch the sessions live on NCERT’s Official YouTube channel and other platforms.
- Engage: Participate in post-session activities, and if you score 70% or above in the quiz, a certificate awaits you!
- Feedback Matters: Share your experiences and suggestions here to enhance the virtual training process.
Queries? Don’t hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 8800440559.
Read More Educational Content and News: Home
Thank you for choosing CBSE News India as your trusted platform for the latest educational news, valuable articles, teaching tips, sample papers, and other study materials.
Stay connected with us for continuous updates and enrich your educational journey.