CUET Exam 2022 Pattern and Preparation Tips for Central University UG Admission
CUET UG 2022 Preparation: The Ministry of Education has conducted Common University Entrance Test (Community University Entrance Test) for admission to UG programs in all Central Universities for 2022-23.CUET) is introduced. Through this single exam, students can apply for admission in multiple universities. Through CUET Exam 2022, they can get admission in various central universities.
CUET Exam (CUET Exam 2022) will provide a platform and equal opportunities to the students across the country. There is about one and a half month left in the exam. During this you can complete your CUET preparation. But for this, one has to first understand the CUET exam pattern and preparation strategy. In this article, Dipanshu Goyal, CEO and Co-Founder of Prepladder, explains the CUET exam pattern and some important tips for its preparation…
About CUET Admission: About CUET Admission
For admission in UG and PG courses in the central universities of the country (UG PG Admissions 2022), the National Level Entrance Test (CUET) is starting for the first time from 2022. Especially it will benefit students from rural and remote areas. CUET grades will be given importance in the UG admission process instead of 12th board marks.
However, the universities have also been given the freedom to decide the rules as per their requirement. For example, for admission in a particular university, it can be made mandatory that the student must have secured at least 70 percent marks in the 12th examination or something else. This year the CUET exam will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), which will be conducted in July. Here we have come up with some tips, by adopting which students can prepare well for the exam in less time.
CUET UG Exam Pattern: Understand CUET Exam Pattern
- Every student who wants to appear in Common University Entrance Test (UG) must first understand the CUET UG Pattern. There will be four sections in which there will be a set of questions.
- Sections 1A and 1B will have Reading Comprehension based on different types of passages- Factual, Literary and Narrative.
- In Section 2, questions will be asked from various subjects based on Class 12 NCERT Syllabus.
- In Section 3, questions from General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning will be asked.
- This exam will be taken on CBT mode (online) and will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (CUET MCQs). There will be negative marking. Students will get 5 marks for every correct answer and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted from the total score.
CUET UG Preparation: Sectionwise Preparation
- Choose the language paper carefully- Talking about Section 1, students have to choose a language which they know well. The language section will be the first in the test. This will be followed by the Special Academic Field and then the General Ability Section. Section 1A of Language section will have 13 language papers, while Section 1B will have 19 papers. Those students who want to take a degree in a particular language, they have to take the language paper from 1B. Students can choose a maximum of three languages for both Section 1A and 1B.
- Make a list of universities and courses- Make a list of universities to which you want to apply. The student should prepare this list in advance that in which college he wants to do which course. Because all the requirements of applying for admission in a single document have to be fulfilled and they have to decide from which section of CUET which course they want to pursue. Along with this, the rules of the university will also have to be paid attention to.
- Create time table After 12th board, students will have 30 to 45 days to prepare for CUET. If you plan in advance, then the entire syllabus will be covered. If you feel that you do not have enough time or study material then you should take help of coaching.
- Choose the domain subject carefully for section 2- There will be 27 subjects in the domain exam of CUET. Out of these, students have to choose two subjects. If they choose the subject wisely then they can score more marks. They should choose such subjects in which they are interested and which they want to study in future.
- Solve questions from NCERT- Solve various level MCQ questions from NCERT books. Through mock tests, you can understand the CUET pattern better and manage your time better. With this you will be able to understand how much time they are taking to solve each question. Practicing mock tests also gives you confidence.
- For Section 3 – Keep abreast of what is happening in the world. Keep reading the news. By doing this you will be able to score better in this section.
- You should divide your syllabus into small parts and plan to cover each part in 2-3 days till the syllabus is completed. Solve sample papers and give mock tests as far as possible. Avoid difficult subjects. Solve logical questions. Make a revision plan in the last 7 days and make sure you prepare well for the exam.