CBSE Skill Expo and Guidance Festival 2023 for Principal and Teachers
CBSE organized Skill Expo cum Awareness Workshops on Skill Courses for the Principals and Teachers of CBSE affiliated schools, at Panipat (Haryana), Agra, and Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) in the year 2022 to create awareness for skills along with recognizing the importance of skills.
National Guidance Festival for Future Career Paths
Providing Information and Clarity for Career Choices
In addition, CBSE in association with the Lifology Foundation organized the National Guidance Festival for students & parents of class VIII-XII in the month of September 2022 in digital mode to provide information on future careers, skill sets to excel, and a clear plan regarding “Which career paths to choose and How to reach the destination”. The event was a great success in meeting its objectives towards creating awareness about different career paths for the students.
Emphasizing Scientific Guidance for Future Careers
Challenges in Decision-Making for Future Careers
Also, NEP 2020 has emphasized the importance of scientific guidance for children at schools. The real question is ‘How to decide What to become in the Future’. This decision becomes tough and complex in the current scenario where a lot of changes are happening in the world of careers which signifies the role of scientific Career and Skill Guidance at school.
Integration of Skill Expo and National Guidance Festival
Encouraging Creativity, Innovation, and Peer Learning
In this context, CBSE intends to integrate both these events i.e. Skill Expo and National Guidance Festival into Skill Expo and Guidance Festival – 2023 with a view to organize regional events comprising all regions of the Board leading to a National level event with an aim to encourage creativity, innovate and also to foster peer learning of students, teachers, and principals alike.
Benefits for Participation in the CBSE Expo Event:
Inspiring Dreams: Inspire young minds to dream big by showcasing success stories and role models from various fields, motivating them to strive for their skill development and aspirations.
Exploring Pathways: Help students discover a wide range of skilling and career paths available to them, empowering them to make informed choices about their future.
Industry Insights: Offer insights into current industry trends and emerging fields, helping students align their skill development and educational choices with the demands of the job market.
Job Ready Skills: Orient students about the job ready skills of future such as AI, Robotics, Data Science, Genomics and so on. Give students right exposure to the fields and guide them on decision making.
21st Century Skills: Expose students to the need for essential skills like communication, critical thinking, and adaptability, preparing them for the ever-evolving job market.
Guidance and Counselling: Provide expert guidance and group counselling sessions to assist students in understanding their strengths, interests, skill development and potential career options.
Parental Involvement: Engage parents in the skill development and career planning process to create a supportive environment at home, facilitating better decision-making by students.
Holistic Profile: orient the participants to focus not only on academic excellence but also on skill development, overall personal growth, emphasizing the importance of well-rounded development for successful careers.
Themes for the CBSE Skill Expo 2023 are:
- Future Tech
- Health and Wellness
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Sustainability & Environmental Conservation
- AVGC Sector (Animation, visual effect, Gaming, Comics)
SUB- THEMES: Local to Global Sub-themes shall be intimated in due course of time through separate notifications
Guidelines for participation in CBSE Skill Expo and Guidance Festival 2023
1. All schools willing to participate need to register using the link which shall be provided in the notification along with timeline for skill expo separately (as per schedule).
2. Eligibility for participation: The students may participate in any of the 02- categories:
Category I – Classes 6 to 10, and Category II – Classes 11 to 12
A CBSE School Team will be Represented by:
a) 1 teacher & 2 student per skill b) one mentor Skill teacher c) The skill expo will be organized at Two levels- i) Regional ii) National
3. Minimum one and maximum three skills from one school can be exhibited.
4. Minimum two teams can be registered by a school.
5. The names of the students and the mentor teacher, once registered, cannot be changed at any stage of the exhibition.
6. The school team participating at Regional and National Level must remain the same.
7. The themes/sub-themes once selected cannot be changed. Similarly, the skill chosen cannot be changed.
8. The project/exhibit to be showcased may be: process used to create an item/product. application of entrepreneurship
9. Care should be taken to use eco-friendly innovative material in the preparation of exhibits.
10. The teams would be required to submit the details of their respective projects (title, description, list of materials used, images, video) within the stipulated time-frame (as mentioned in respective notification).
11. The screening of the entries would be done before the regional/national level exhibitions.
12. Schools can either prepare or exhibit one skill on their own or they can include experts in the particular field also.
13. The exhibits will be assessed by a team of experts as per the following criteria:
The CBSE exhibits will be assessed by a team of experts as per the following criteria:
|Creativity and imagination||20%|
|Originality and innovativeness||15%|
|Technical skills, workmanship, craftsmanship, etc.||15%|
|Entrepreneurship, scalability, and future societal use||15%|
|Economics (low cost), portability, and durability||10%|
|Presentation – effective display & relevant explanations||10%|
Schedule of the CBSE Expo Events:
1. Schools under the concerned regional office of the Board shall be eligible for participation in the respective event.
2. These events are for the students, principals and teachers of CBSE affiliated schools. The participating school/team would bear all expenses related to participation in the event including lodging/boardingarrangements at the venue city of the exhibition.
3. Certificates will be awarded to the selected best entries at the Regional/National Level.
4. There is no fee for registering for these.
5. Shortlisted projects will be informed via e-mail.
6. The selected best exhibits (the number may increase or decrease depending on the quality of the exhibit) at each Regional Level exhibition will be eligible to participate in the National Level Exhibition.
7. The decision of the committee members/experts for screening the entries will be considered final. Venue of the event shall be notified region wise in the due course of time.
The notification in this regard shall be displayed well in time from the event date. Accordingly, all schools affiliated to the CBSE are requested to motivate and guide the students for maximum participation in this event as and when registration opens for the individual events.
For any queries, please send an email to: email@example.com
Read More Educational Content and News: Home
Thank you for choosing CBSE News India as your trusted platform for the latest educational news, valuable articles, teaching tips, sample papers, and other study materials.
Stay connected with us for continuous updates and enrich your educational journey.