Aryabhata Ganit Challenge 2023: A Test of Mathematical Competence and Application
Aryabhata Ganit Challenge 2023: A Comprehensive Breakdown
CBSE has always been at the forefront of providing students with opportunities to showcase their skills. This time, they bring the Aryabhata Ganit Challenge 2023 to highlight the practical application of mathematics in daily life.
Aryabhata Ganit Challenge Registration and Levels
There are two stages in which the challenge will be conducted:
- School Level Competition: In this phase, schools will conduct the examination using a question paper provided by CBSE through its online portal.
- National Level Competition: This is a computer-based test managed by CBSE for those who clear the first stage.
Aryabhata Ganit Challenge Eligibility Criteria
- Level 1: All students of classes VIII-X in CBSE affiliated schools can participate.
- Level 2: The top three students from each school that registered for the first stage are eligible.
Aryabhata Ganit Challenge Syllabus and Areas of Assessment
The challenge will cover a range of content and competencies:
- Content Areas: Number sense and Number System, Algebra, Mensuration, Geometry and Spatial Sense, Data Analysis and Probability, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Competencies: Conceptual Understanding, Logical Reasoning and Analytical thinking, Problem Solving skills, Strategic approach, Visualisation and Mathematisation, and Creative and Abstract thinking.
Aryabhata Ganit Challenge Exam Pattern
For both levels:
- The test duration is one hour.
- It comprises Multiple Choice Questions.
- The total weightage is 40 marks.
- Good news for students: There’s no negative marking!
Aryabhata Ganit Challenge Exam Date and Process
- Schools must apply through this link by 25th August 2023, 5.30 p.m. And guess what? No fees are charged for this!
- Between 28th August to 5th September 2023, a question paper with an answer key will be available for registered schools.
- Each school will then conduct the test and shortlist the top three students. If there’s a tie in marks, schools will hold a screening test.
- These top students are registered with an online fee of Rs.900/- between 15th to 21st September 2023.
- The computer-based test for the selected students will be on 3rd October 2023.
- The top 100 students from each CBSE region after this test will earn a Merit certificate.
Aryabhata Ganit Challenge Results and Recognition
- Results: After the second stage, the top 100 performers from each CBSE region will be acknowledged with a Merit Certificate.
- Recognition: Schools promoting this challenge also get their due! Ten schools from each region with the most student participation will receive an appreciation certificate.
Aryabhata Ganith Challenge Prize Money and Fees
While the First Level has no associated fees, the Second Level requires schools to pay Rs. 900/- for their students’ participation. All payments can be made via Debit Card, Credit Card, or NEFT. Remember, once paid, the fee isn’t refundable.
Aryabhata Ganith Challenge Application Form
Schools interested in the challenge can find the application form and all related details on the CBSE portal.
In conclusion, the Āryabhaṭa Ganit Challenge is a remarkable platform for students to shine and embrace the world of mathematics. It’s not just about solving problems in a classroom; it’s about applying those solutions to real-life scenarios. So, gear up, students, and let the numbers guide your path!
The “Āryabhaṭa Ganit Challenge – 2023” is yet another initiative by CBSE to promote mathematics as a practical and enjoyable subject, bridging the gap between theoretical knowledge and real-world application.
Read More Educational Content and News: Home
Thank you for choosing CBSE News India as your trusted platform for the latest educational news, valuable articles, teaching tips, sample papers, and other study materials.
Stay connected with us for continuous updates and enrich your educational journey.